U-MAKE 2014 is February 28th - March 2nd (First weekend of March!) at the Lorado Taft Field Campus, Oregon, IL
Located just outside the city of Oregon, IL Named after Lorado Taft, the 141 acre campus has become Northern Illinois University's outdoor education and conference center. For more information see www.niu.edu/taft
- Robert Brasington - Tasmania, Australia. Robert has been teaching workshops for over 10 years. He the AKA's 2012 Lee Toy Award winner.
- Ralf Maserski - Dortmund, Germany. Ralf has also been teaching workshops for ten years. He has won numerous awards for his kites.
- Barbara Meyer - Former AKA President, Award winning kite maker with kite designs marketed worldwide.
- Donna Schenk - "Mrs. Kite Lady". Donna is a returning U-MAKE instructor. She will be teaching a great delta kite.
- Charm Lindner - Charm has taught many kite programs for parks, schools, local organizations and more.
- Grant Lovett - Grant has been making kites for about 16 years. He has a couple of really fun projects to teach.
- Paul Fieber - Paul has been an avid kiter for over 20 years. The Wind Serpent he is teaching will set you apart on the kite field.
- Bill and Denise Lamm - Bill and Denise are both professional artists who also fly and make kites. How cool is that? They are going to teach us about Kite Composition.
- Ryan Larkey - Part of Team Larkey. Ryan will be presenting two no/low wind kite projects.
- Ability to enroll in up to 4 different classes (kit cost is extra).
- Dorm style lodging for Friday and Saturday night.
- Family style meals from Friday evening to Sunday lunch.
- Ability to concentrate on one new project or concept or pick up literally thousands of new ideas and suggestions.
- Great way to network with people from the Midwest and further with the same interests - just different experiences and ideas.
- Ability to purchase tickets for the RAFFLE!